To pause and ponder
If something intangible is forgotten, does it cease to exist? Every moment of every day, profound things happen that slip into obscurity simply because we don’t take the time to remember. I have a terrible memory, but hate forgetting. The idea behind this blog is simple: Thoughts, moments, quotes, anything, could be sent here, at any time in the day. I don’t want to forget the world I live in now. And I don’t want you to either.

Stepping up

“Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs.” ~ Vaclav Havel

So I think I have finally made the decision to take action! No more free websites and inactivity!
Dear readers, I am going live with a REAL WEBSITE!
(Ok, chill Anthea. Too many exclamations....)

Isn't it funny how we often do things that don't really make sense? While I have finally gotten over the fear of buying things online, I have this THING against buying domain name and website hosting. I don't mind spending $50 on software for my new little internet business, but spending $5 p/m on webhosting has me shuddering. Odd. Silly really.

I mean, I could EASILY make that on fiverr.com (which, by the way, is SUCH a clever way to make money online. I think I should start sharing gigs here that I think are awesome. Like, there's this woman who, for ONLEE 5 bucks, will make a prank video of a very excited her being happy to have found your friend [insert name] and her SON will be oh so happy that she finally found daddy. Oh, I'm explaining it terribly. I'll see if I can find it...)

Anyway. So I am currently trying to decide on a domain name for my said business. what I wanted was taken. But then, in a stroke of pure genius, I inserted a hyphen and LO! it worketh!
SO now that that excuse was taken care of, I had to find hosting. Everyone keeps going on about GoDaddy, but when reading up on them, I heard of a lot of #$%^&. So I'm not too keen on them, though they are on special at the moment. Think I'm going to try out bluehost.com.  I think Mark Anastasi and George Brown (who are both awesome and know a lot about these things... apparently) were the ones who I first saw mentioning them.

BUT... aaaa! Apparently Bluehost belongs to the mormons and even the mention of 'sex' on your site can get you banned. And they don't like Zimbabweans (Check this nonsense out if you're interested)

seeing that I am going to be looking at web security, hopefully... my account will be safe. So here goes! 
0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Who am i? Who are you? If truth depends on facts which others can change, and reality is little more than perception... surely a definition of "ME" is, to some extent at least, superfluous? maybe. but then again, maybe not.... I am currently a drama and Radio Journalism student and hope to one day produce and direct music video's.


Followers

My Life

My Life








Music video's

  • It's amazing - Jem
  • Love Story - taylor Swift
  • New Divide - Linkin Park
Photobucket
free counters